Apple recently launched iOS 6 which comes with the option to take beautiful Panorama pictures. This new feature is only available on the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5 (sorry iPhone 4 & 3 owners…you’re out of luck. but try the 360 Panorama app, it works the same way). It allows users to take 240 degree photos using the Camera app. This post will explain how to take a panoramic photo using iOS 6.
How To Take a Panoramic Photo Using iOS 6
1. Launch the Camera app on your iPhone 4S or iPhone 5
2. Tap the Options button which is located on the top center of your iPhone screen
3. Select the Panorama button
4. Line up your iPhone camera to the desired position and press the shutter. You do not need to hold down the shutter button. (The shutter button is the button you usually press to take a picture)
5. To take a horizontal Panorama shot, move your iPhone to the right and keep the arrow on the line. Keeping the arrow on the line ensures your iPhone takes all the pictures at the same level
6. If you wish to take a Vertical panoramic photo, turn your iPhone on its side and do the same process as described in step 5. Please note it is harder to keep the arrow on the line when taking a vertical shot
7. Press Exit to exit the Panorama mode and top done.
- You’ll get the best results if you start your Panoramic shot in the brightest area and finish in the darkest
- Don’t move the iPhone too fast when taking your Panoramic photo as doing so may cause blurry images. Your pictures will look much better if you move slowly
- The panoramic image will be quite large (16MB). If you want to share these images on Facebook or Twitter, they will automatically be compressed
- If you want to share multiple Panoramic photos, we recommend you use DropBox or Google Drive
We think you’ll enjoy taking panoramic photos using the Camera app on your iPhone 4S or iPhone 5. Are there any other features you’ve enjoyed using in iOS 6? Or maybe there are features you hate? Let us know in the comments below!